beads by breul

Monday, December 5, 2011

Two wonderful things!

First,
I had the chance to swap beads with the amazing Sandi Volpe. I also got the chance to meet her at a bead show/demo (Barbara Lewis - Playing with Fire). That was great! Please ago over and see the beautiful pieces that she creates.

I sent her my box of goodies and totally forgot to take a picture of what I sent off, sorry.

Here is what she sent me.
(loving every single bead!)

African trade beads, sparklies, recycled glass and that wonderful 
C pendant.
She made that, for me!
Love.

This photo does not do these beads justice. The blue is stunning.

And she also sent me some of her hand enameled beads, sari silk and chain.
Such fun. I have already created with these! 

Thank you Sandi.


Now,
I did purchase a Playing with Fire kit from Barbara Lewis when I met her at 
the bead show. It took me a while to get everything set up and get my torch working
(life got in the way)
But........I got it all set up this weekend and I 
PLAYED WITH FIRE.
This is so addicting!!!

Just a few pictures of the pieces I made.
And yes, I have burned my fingers picking up the beads while they are still hot.
My daughter is laughing each time I pick on up and say
"damn those are hot"
Eventually I will learn!


Such fun.


The first words out of my husbands mouth were
"you need more colors"
Yeah! Gonna get that link to him today!

We got our tree up and decorated,
it's about 10 feet tall and smells
AMAZING!

I hope you all had a great weekend


7 comments:

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Awesome goodies you received - can't wait to see what you create! You done good on those enameled beads - and yes I have picked up the beads while still hot too :) I love that green and yellow bead and the orange and red one too!

Barbara Lewis said...

I was giggled all throughout your post thinking of that day! Your beads are gorgeous and so are Sandi's, BTW! I'm so glad you're having fun!

Holly said...

...I've picked up those still-hot-enameled beads a time or twenty myself! And will say that I haven't been so polite about it verbally ;) Love your goodies from Sandi, and love your newly enameled goods too!! :)

elisabeth said...

Wow! Love your enamel beads - really incredible! We got our tree this weekend too - so love this month!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh I am so jealous this is on my want list - looks like so much fun!...and who doesn't love goodies in the mail!

Gold Charm Bracelet said...

Very nice and colorful beads...I like the simple designs and the blended colors.The riot of colors when strewn together is going to be awesome.

Elysian Studios said...

Wow, Courtney- those beads you made are beautiful! I hope Santa brings you more colors for Christmas! And what a lovely package to get in the mail!