beads by breul

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Echo Creative Club

Can you believe it is the third month of this
wonderfulness?

Jeannie of jkdjewelry started this in January
and I was lucky enough to be able to play.

So, this month I got one of her wonderful 
polymer sand dollars.
(I have been drooling over these for a loooong while now)

Love this. 
I knew that I wanted to create something simple and peaceful
while  doing justice to Jeannie's wonderful piece.

I had a good idea of what I wanted, it was just coming up with the
materials needed.  Nothing a quick trip to my LBS wouldn't cure.

Once I had everything, it all came together really 
quickly and I am loving this piece.




Antiqued brass chain, hand wrapped amazonite, czech crystals, green and turq. glass pearls 
along with Jeannie's wonderful polymer sand dollar. It has a simple lobster claw clasp.

Thank you Jeannie, for allowing me to play.

Please visit the below blogs to see 
what amazing pieces the others have created.

Cindy Cima Edwards http://www.cindycima.com
Courtney Breul http://beadsbybreul.blogspot.com - you are here! :)


And of course Jeannie




15 comments:

Bits of Learning said...

Beautiful! The mix of turquoise and green with the copper and beautiful sandy color of the pendant makes me wish I was sitting on the beach listening to the ocean! Love it!!

JeannieK said...

Oh me loves! Any color beads look great with my Sand Dollar and I love the beads you chose..and anything with dangles I love. You made my Sand Dollar very happy.
Thank you Courtney for creating such beauty.

Unknown said...

Oh those dangles really make it pop. Such a fun necklace. Yes I have been drooling over those for a while too!

Dawn Doucette said...

Oh Courtney... I LOVE Jeannie's sand dollars! I'm so glad that is what you played with this month.

You really did well showcasing it with all the beautiful water colors of the Caribbean! LOVE IT!!

Have a fantastic day!
{Hugs!}
Dawn

Angel Whisperer said...

That is for sure a gorgeous focal You have got there...my try one of those myself :) Love the color turquoise You added to give it the nice beachy feel !

TesoriTrovati said...

That looks like it deserves to be walking along a beach someplace in a sweet little sundress and strappy sandals! I love this! The blues are the perfect foil to the sandy beige. I love her sand dollars and have a few myself. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration. Enjoy the day.
Erin

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

that is the coolest focal ever. Love what you did with it.

SueBeads said...

very cute - you are ready for summer, aren't you? I am too!

Cindy Cima said...

Ooh - I was wanting one of those sand dollars! I adore your necklace - perfect!

Lola said...

I love how you gave the necklace movement ... those dangles will move around that sand dollar just as the ocean would. Beautiful!

beautifullybrokenme said...

I am a huge fan of 'danglies', and I love how you used them in such bright colors to compliment Jeannie's sand dollar focal. What a wonderful, summery necklace! :)

CraftyHope said...

You've really done a great job of complimenting that sand dollar well. That necklace looks like it was meant to be!

Rachel said...

Oh how pretty! This would be perfect for summer. I love the colors you used.

rebecca said...

a beautiful piece for summer!

indigo heart said...

love that sand dollar! and your colors are sweet.