beads by breul

Saturday, April 13, 2013

52 Weeks - Week 15 {Aged Beauty}


Sally's prompt this week is to find some Aged Beauty.
Something from the past, an old building,
a vintage treasure from a flea market, maybe even a
wonderful piece of jewelry from our jewelry box.

I opted for some rust!
Glorious rust!
I love this fence. I drive past it twice a day to and from
work.

You can see it in the background there.
I am drawn to this spot every spring as these daffodils
bloom all over the hill.


Spectacular!

Look at the size of this one. There are a few odd ones
that are HUGE! 

Now, if you saw my "Flower Stalking - April" post
on Facebook, you know where these were taken.

(I have a habit of stalking flowers in my neighbors
yards and neighborhood and very carefully taking shots)

I was not driving!
I parked my car, right next to the
Secret Service Patrol Car, 
and took the pictures.

They happen to be on the grounds of 
the Embassy of Israel.

Thank you Mr. Secret Service officer for letting me!

Please hop on over to Sally's blog to see what 
wonderful Aged Beauty folks have found this week.

18 comments:

Claire said...

i esp. love the shot of the daffs peeking through the rusty railing :) a great post!
have a wonderful week :)
no. 21

Islandgirl said...

It may be a glorious fence but I love those daffoidils & narcisus... maybe spring will finally come here this year?

AntiquityTravelers said...

ha! good you parked the car!! you do take the loveliest photos, especially these flowers which are so welcome this spring! we've all been waiting for them to arrive!!

Shel said...

Totally cool old fence and equally beautiful flowers!! Love these!

glassbead, isinglass design said...

That does look like a cool fence. And the flowers are also nice, of course.

Honey from the Bee said...

Love me a daffodil! lol!

Rust - love it! Husband hates it. I have to sneak it in. ; )

Therese's Treasures said...

The old fence is a wonderful backdrop for the beautiful flowers.
Therese

Adrienne said...

Awesome! I love the mix of the old and rustic among the new, fresh blooming flowers!

Karen Williams said...

Hah! Your flower stalking story almost had me snorting hot chocolate out my nose!

That fence is a perfect backdrop for the flowers - I do love daffodils!

Alicia said...

Such beauty: both aged and brand new! love daffodils and I can't wait to see them in the yard; until them - I enjoy them everywhere I can, including in your beautiful pictures :)

Donna said...

Love old fences and flowers! Nice post!

brokenteepee said...

Old and new together - just lovely

Mary K. McGraw said...

I too have a thing for rust. Love the fence and grat photos of the flowers.

Beti Horvath said...

Rusty fences are so beautiful. Sometimes I get angry when they are painted!

Unknown said...

So glad the Secret Service man didn't arrest you, so you could share these wonderful photos!

LoriF said...

LOL...I love the inconguity of the daffolils and the rust...great photo! Thanks to the nation of Israel from me too!...AND, of course, the Secret Service dude!

Annette said...

There's just something about old rusty things! Add flowers and it's even more special. Great photos!

Mary Harding said...

Great color combo those daffodils and rust. Love your story about the embassy daffodils.