beads by breul

Thursday, September 22, 2011

What to do after all that soup.....

(my soup can be found here)

Pumpkin Spice Madeleines!

For those of you who know me, this is not a stretch. 
I will shortly be turning into a pumpkin. 
I should be grateful that the pumpkin season 
is a short one.
Although, we do have until January! :)

So, I decided that I wanted to try making madeleines, and since it is fall,
wanted to try pumpkin spice madeleines.
So, I googled, found a few recipes and landed on one. 

Know what drives me NUTS? 
When you go through the list of ingredients, 
get everything out and start mixing and they call for an ingredient
THAT IS NOT ON THE LIST! 
Yup - recipe said to mix sugar in and there were no measurements for sugar
on the ingredient list.
(this is a cooking blog, folks)

So I googled a bit more and found the same thing - missing ingredients.
Now, people, if you have a cooking blog, you should make sure that it is
CORRECT!

Can you tell I was a bit hot under the collar?

In searching around I seemed to find a ratio of sugar to flour and went from there. This is a mix of several recipes found by googling.

Below is my recipe for madeleines.
(after that, I hope all my ingredients are listed.....)


1 cup salted butter, melted and cooled
4 eggs
2 cup flour
2 teaspoons salt
3 Tablespoons canned pumpkin (the real stuff, not pie mix) 
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
2 Tablespoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cup sugar (I do 3/4 white, 3/4 brown)

mix sugar, eggs, vanilla together
add pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice; mix until smooth

slowly add melted butter
mix well

add flour 1/2 cup at a time until mixed. do not over mix
put a tablespoon into each madeleine mold.
If you get more, they get "bellies" (according to my daughter)
Translation - very rounded and not as flat as a madeleine.

If you don't have madeleine molds, I would think this would be
good muffin mix. You would need to play with baking times.

bake @ 375 for 11 minutes. They should be light brown on top.
 (see how your oven does and adjust the time accordingly.)

enjoy! (they make the house smell really good)



4 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh Courtney, these sound delish! I have a couple more pumpkin recipes I can share with you if you enjoy it.

Pretty Things said...

Sniff. What. no pie?

DVArtist said...

hmmm hmmm hmmm I think I will make these!!! Thanks
Nicole/Beadwright

Sweet Willow Designs said...

I am definitely making! I'm addicted to madeleines and this is a great variation.