beads by breul

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I got to meet Andrew Thornton!

Picture me standing on top of a hill yelling this! :)  
He is at the Best Bead show just outside Baltimore this weekend. (You can still go and say hi!)
Andrew is so gracious and welcoming. I did my "Hi, my name is Courtney and I follow your blog" thing and he was so nice! Thank you Andrew. 

To be able to actually see and touch those amazing Green Girl Studio beads! What a treat. I went overboard,  my daughter didn't help this with her "i love this one, you can make me a necklace with this one!" :)

The "collection"

My daughter fell in love with this castle. It is spectacular and the plan is to hang it on silk ribbon with a few swarovski's hanging below, princess colors of course.

These were just too cute to not get. 

I am loving these!

Again, thank you Andrew for being so gracious!
(totally made my weekend!)

Off to play! :)

4 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Andrew is so charming and funny and kind and so generous. i am happy that you got to meet him, he's a treasure!

CraftyHope said...

You are SO lucky in both getting to meet Andrew as well as getting those fabulous beads! Thanks for sharing.
BTW, I had to laugh at how you introduced yourself to him because it reminded me of how I introduced myself to my husband, "hi, my name's Hope and I think you're an awesome guitarist."
I think that makes me a big ole goober!

Andrew Thornton said...

It was great meeting you! I am honored at the opportunity to get a chance to talk with you all for a little while. Thank you for coming by and helping support my family's artistic efforts!

Pretty Things said...

I can't figure out why I've yet to pick up one of those ship beads. (slaps forehead)