beads by breul

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Oh.My.Soup!

I love Soup!

Thank you for joining me for this amazing blog hop
enjoying all kinds of Bead Soup.

My partner Lisa Sittniewski of
Love, Yesterdays sent me some
gooooood ingredients.


I got two beautiful focals, a clasp that I drooled over and some
fantastic beads. Some how she knew that I LOVE
sparklies!  Totally my colors too! Yeah.  See those fun 
swirl rondels up in the left corner, totally in love with those! 
Thank you Lisa.

I did my usual pick up, put down, pick up, put down,
lay out, move around thing but have to say
that inspiration hit fast and hard. I knew exactly
what I wanted to make, all three things.... :) 
I was also very good, I only used what I had on hand,
really.

So, without further ado

Ice Princess

I love the rhinestone focal. It was a pin that has been
re-purposed. I worked in the blue scheme keeping with 
the wonderful ingredients Lisa sent me.  I used her clear
crystals mixed with cubic zirconia drops, pearls and a handful
of Swarovski crystals. She sent the most beautiful deep blue, velvety
chinese crystals......
I created a tassel off of the bottom of the crystal to continue
the lines of the necklace. Now, I didn't use the clasp on this piece, I 
saved it for my next piece.

This bracelet uses the wickedly cool swirly crystals, the velvety blue
chinese crystals, some snow white chinese crystals and 
Swarovski crystals all hand wrapped onto
a silver plated rolo chain.


I loved Lori's idea of using a vintage photo for a backdrop.
This photo is of my grandmother on her wedding day.
I love this. (thank you Lori)

Lastly, I made a pair of earrings.
You know when you make something that you love and it becomes
your new favorite piece? Well, that is where I am with all
three of these! 

Thank you Lisa for your amazing ingredients! 

And, thank you Lori, again, for coordinating all 400 of us,
creating three amazing hops, and supporting and nurturing us!

Now, sit back, get a cuppa something good, and
hop around.


Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things

Adlinah Kamsir, Dream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux 
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade 
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs 
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure 
Amy Severino, Amy Beads 

Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess 
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate 
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads 
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios 
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners

Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Brandy McNair, Bella Vita Handmade Jewelry 
 Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry 
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads 

 Collette Collins, Fire Fly Myst Artisan Jewelry
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul - You are here! :)
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead

Diana Welte, Lilyweeds
Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas 
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio

Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine 
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier 
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads

Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations 
 Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element 
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae

Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders

Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place

 Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8 
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
 Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs

Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle

Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads

Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends 

Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art


Enjoy!

82 comments:

Cilla said...

You are my first stop! Great work! Love the bracelet and earrings the best!

Regina said...

I love soup too! What glamorous pieces, love your ice princess.

adlinah said...

I can see why they're your new favourite pieces. What a lovely, matching set of jewellery. All 3 creations are beautiful. I love the blue, silver and white combo - so very pleasing and calming to the eye (and soul!).

m.e. said...

Bead-utiful bling-alicous creations !
great work !
m.e. :)

Unknown said...

How Beautiful and your right the clasp is to die for, I love the whole set But i really Like the bracelet stunning.

Unknown said...

Wow, love the sparkle and elegance of these pieces. It's been a while since I've seen such beautiful feminine pieces.

Karin Slaton said...

I think they're my new favorite pieces, too! Everything is terrific, but the colors and combination of materials in that bracelet are just fantastic!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Wow Courtney, just wow! I seriously love what you did with all of your goodies but especially the clasp and the beads - nice wire work! I also love the backdrop of your pics too :)

Anonymous said...

So lovely, Courtney! I am in this serious charm thing this year myself and I was so tickled to find that the pieces I sent you fit right along in there! Love what you came up with! Thank you for being my gracious swap partner :)

Jewels By Ine said...

The earrings and bracelet are my favorite! I'm a big fan of using charms!

Unknown said...

the best types of blues to have.Love and hugs Tanya

Moobie Grace said...

I love the clasp...and your bracelet only showcases it even more! Everything is beautiful...love the butterfly necklace!

Amy's said...

Every pieces are gorgeous. I love the ice princess the most

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful and the colours are both fresh and serene. Great designs

Pepita said...

Really nice pieces!!!

The ATELIER Handmade said...

Those beasd are beautiful! You created such beautiful pieces, Great job with this soup!

Pretty Things said...

You lucky girl with the rhinestones! I have no talent for that sort of thing but LOVE it! Adore your work -- thank you so much for joining the party!

Anonymous said...

Pretty!

SwallowtailJewellery said...

Scrummy bead soup and love your creations! :)

Sandra said...

what a lovely soup you received! and your creatings, just beautiful!

coffeeaddict said...

the charm bracelet is perfection.

Deb Davis said...

Love what you did here!

Unknown said...

So sparkly and really great pieces you made, I love all of the brios in the necklace. I would wear those earrings a lot!!

White Horse Beading said...

Gorgeous sparklies. Your pieces are beautiful!

Shyme said...

Beautiful! Love the bracelet!!

Shai Williams said...

What a gorgeous matching set! I can see why they are your new favorites.

The Jewelry Larder said...

Your creations look so feminine and elegant! The use of vintage photos as backdrop is a great idea. Wonderful photography!

Jo-Ann said...

My pieces have become my new favourites too! I have been wearing my necklace and bracelet for the last few weeks. Hope you love yours as much as I love mine!!

Adaptable Kay said...

I'm in love with all of your pieces! I'm such a sucker for vintage upcycled components in jewelry; I've been told I have such an old soul :)

I think my favorite is that gorgeous bracelet-I'm ALSO a sucker for charm and dangle bracelets ^.^

Happy Hopping!

Lilyweeds at Augusta Kent Studio said...

oh my goodness.. i love everything about your creations! you did such a good job balancing the metal with the other materials in your soup. LOVE it. ~diana

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

This is a gorgeous set for a night on the town!!! Absolutley gorgeous colors! And you arw correct about the the vintage photograph as a backdrop-just lovely!

Francy said...

all so beautiful!

Becky Pancake said...

A+ Your pieces are Awesome!!

Kepi said...

Incredible, so gorgeous. You are a master. The colors are my favorite as well.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pieces...love the focal and how you put it all together!

Here Bead Dragons said...

Absolutely stunning what you created. All the pieces are wonderful.
~cryssT

Jean A. Wells said...

Wow, love everything. Those icey blues make me feel cooler in the heat. I really love that old brass button focal she sent you too. What are you going to do with that? Great job.

Melissa said...

What an amazing soup. The colors are so pretty and i love the sparkle of that one pendant. They are very elegant as other commenters have said. Beautiful.

Melissa Muir
http://design.kcjewelbox.com

elisabeth said...

Great pieces, Courtney - I love them all. I could wear those earrings every day of the week :-)

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads! said...

Fantastic jewels!That are of a very young style!Congrats!

Giorgia Rossini said...

I love the bracelet, the beads you received are beautiful!

JeannieK said...

Ice, Ice Baby! I love how you used sparkly focal in the necklace. Gorgeous pieces.

Lisa Chapman said...

Oh! Icy blue! I love it. Great work!

Linda Younkman said...

Beautiful pieces. Love, love, love the bracelet. Charms bracelets are my fav.

Kym Hunter Designs said...

Gorgeous pieces! Love the necklace...beautiful blues and the dangle from the pendant!

Unknown said...

...I am not much of a sparkly girl myself but I love what you did with your soup! Beautiful!

min said...

you made me fall in love with blue...! so beautiful and natural... they're all so gorgeous and luxurious..

baymoondesign said...

All of your pieces are absolutely beautiful.

AntiquityTravelers said...

beautiful pieces! love that focal - that is a fantastic necklace

CraftyHope said...

I'm still waiting for that stroke of inspiration to hit me with my soup (I'm in the last reveal) and am in AWE of how well your pieces seemed to come together. That necklace is absolutely STUNNING!! What a stroke of inspiration it must have been! :)

Kim said...

Wow, what a gorgeous soup, and you really did it justice, I love everything you made and I can see why they'd be your new favorites, great job!

Anonymous said...

Love your soup... gorgeous elements to work with and beautiful designs!

So much fun! Kris

Barb Fernald said...

You love soup and the soup loves you! It's all so sparkly and pretty. The bracelet is especially fun!

A Polymer Penchant said...

Oh how I know all those dance steps to the pick up put down repeat. I think you're pieces are quite the reward - beautiful sparkle and I can't help but remember the line from my fav childhood movie "secret of NIHM" - "ooooh a Sparkly"

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, the three pieces work so well together and the colour scheme is lovely!

Shirley said...

I don't think you need to love those pieces at all...cause you need to send them to me!!! Girl! Those are such luscious beads, and I love how you designed your pieces!!! C'mon, you can at least share the bracelet, right?? :D Hugs!!

Lola said...

The bead soup you received is lovely and your designs are gorgeous! That bracelet is calling my name ... I'm sure you heard it while you were making it. Looooooolaaaaaaaa. No? =)

JuLee said...

What a great idea to use a vintage photo as a backdrop. Love your sparkly bracelet esp. looks like it will be fun to wear.

LoriF said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'm not usually a blue kind of a girl, but these are to die for! That charm bracelet? Totally swoon-worthy! Great job!

Unknown said...

Beautiful soup and superb designs!

Leah Curtis said...

Beautiful pieces! I love what you've done with the brios along the length, and the sparkly cluster compliments the rhinestones beautifully.

PS. Cute fish on your blog!

april grinaway said...

Love your blog and your work is beautiful !

BluMoon said...

What a wonderful set of jewellery you have created, the bracelet is so cool and icy and I love the necklace with repurposed focal, they all go well together.
Jackie

Debbie said...

What great designs!! Very pretty!! Love the blues! Thanks for sharing,

deb

Anonymous said...

I loved your pieces--very elegant. Yummy soup.

jelveh Designs said...

I love these, what you did with that sparkly rhinestone focal is my favorite...love the tassel too...yummy, ice princess with a warm heart...

Shanti Harvell said...

Magnifico! Gorgeous elegant pieces that shimmer and sparkle! You did really great with your soup! Cre8tif luv!

Heather said...

My favorite is the bracelet, but it all looks GREAT! Nice job!

Karen Williams said...

I can see why you were so excited - what a fun stash to work with! And what a beautiful set - I can feel the cool breeze sweeping in off the ocean just looking at them!



horimarika said...

Lovely pieces!

horimarika said...

Lovely pieces!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Courtney,
Wow I love your pieces they are so beautiful the blue and silver just sparkle.
Therese

ChristinaMarieH said...

I love what you did with that vintage pin! The necklace is stunning!

Krafty Max Originals said...

I really like the bracelet....they are all beautiful, but that is my favorite!!! GREAT JOB!!

one-eared pig said...

I just love all that bling!

Cory said...

Your pieces are gorgeous. Love the designs and the bling.

Megilon said...

Stunning! So sparkly and gorgeous!! Love all the bling! I could see wearing the first piece to the opera or a special party!

Karen Mitchell said...

Yay for Bling! Love the bracelet and earrings.

thecolorofdreams said...

Amazing pieces. Love the blue with the crystal.

Sabine Dittrich said...

I love your bracelet and the matching earrings. They are adorable!

LeeLu Creations said...

Lovin' that fun cha cha bracelet!

cherilre said...

You did receive a wonderful soup, and the jewelry pieces you created are equally wonderful.. Love the bracelet with the beautiful clasp and those earrings are really pretty.