beads by breul

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A big step for me

I was contacted by a journalist who writes a post in our area and she wanted to interview me! She found me on Etsy and it went from there. Have to admit that I was absolutely terrified. For me the whole stepping outside my comfort zone is tough. I love what I do, but am not good at promoting myself. But, I did say yes and it was a 5 minute interview, really not long and she put me on the front page of her cyber journal/blog/news site.  I was blown away! Below is the link. Small steps.  :)


http://colesville.patch.com/articles/shop-local-qa-with-beads-by-breul-founder

She included pictures and links to both my Etsy and Artfire sites. I have seen my hits go up drastically on both. Psyched! Let's hope it generates some sales........

12 comments:

Barbara Lewis said...

Congratulations, Courtney! It was a great interview. Everything begins with the first step ... and you've taken it!

Courtney said...

Thank you Barbara!

Regina said...

Congratulations! It was a nice interview and it will get your jewelry noticed and sold... Have a great week.

Courtney said...

Thank you Regina!

TesoriTrovati said...

Great interview! Nice work spreading the handmade love.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Copper Diem said...

Yay you! Congrats!

Elisabeth said...

Congratulations! How awesome!

Lori said...

Wow! Congratulations! You lucky, lucky - or should I say talented, talented girl. Off to read the interview now.

Courtney said...

Thank you all. It was a small interview but a start for me. :)

Michelle said...

Woo-hoo! You go girl! Nice interview. Hope this will bring in lots of new business!
Bead Happy!
Michelle

Erin said...

Congrats, Courtney!

Pretty Things said...

That's huge! Congratulations!