beads by breul

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Peaceful!

Or something like it. Spent the weekend being home! Kids needed the break and some family time. Did some baking, finished getting ALL of Christmas up. Did some shopping and some wrapping. All of my cards are out. Did some serious baking! Daughter needed some mom time, so I/we baked. Dozens. The house smells good. Spent today, Sunday, finishing the baking. Made risotto for lunch all week - love risotto. Made Barefoot Contessa's Parm. Chicken with Lemon Vinagrette! My husband is so happy. Kids loved it. 

I didn't go to a few parties this weekend, but that is ok. (if you were one of the invitors, I am sorry)  

We are watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and laughing, lots and out loud. Feels good to be a family. 

Being home and being a family is good!

I hope your weekend was peaceful!

2 comments:

Amy F said...

We took it easy too. What bliss to just hang out at home in PJs

My Life Under the Bus said...

Sounds pretty fantastic....now I want risotto.....damn.