beads by breul

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Creations

My sister in law has asked me to create a piece for her. She gave me parameters and colors and let me go to town.  I picked up beads at the last Gem show and went from there.  I have to look, play and touch for a while.  I know - crazy woman. Sometimes the ideas hit fast and other times, it takes a bit for something to hit me.  I found these great frosted "focal" pieces at the show. They are clear, clear, pale yellow, and clear, pale pink.  They are about 2 inches long, oval shaped and open in the middle. I know that my description isn't good, sorry. They feel amazing! Smooth, cold, soft. Very fun.  I wanted to share the two pieces that I have come up with for her. Both are unfinished as I wanted to make sure that I was headed in the right direction.  Here are the two pieces......


Below is a close up of the focal.




This piece is longer, love this!





Another close up of the focals and the colors.  To have my sister in law ask for another piece makes my heart sing! Thank you!

4 comments:

Amy F said...

love those focals! I'm such a sucker for open ring connectors

Courtney Breul said...

That is why I had to buy a strand of clear, yellow AND pink!

elisabeth said...

Very cool - if I were your SIL I would ask to take both!

Courtney Breul said...

I have to admit, I am in love with the longer one! :)