beads by breul

Monday, July 26, 2010

So Ready for Vacation!

I had every intention of posting my last post yesterday but we got hit with one of the most intense, strongest storms I have experienced.  We live in the DC area and have had some of the hottest weather going.  There was a front moving through yesterday afternoon around 3 pm that brought horrible thunderstorms. We had rain, thunder, lightening, 70 mph winds.  We lost many limbs from our trees. One of them ended up in our neighbors yard - bad news. Our back yard looked like this.....






And our neighbors.......





We all spent 4 hours sawing and hauling. So ready for vacation!!!!!

2 comments:

elisabeth said...

Bummer! We were downtown at the Boy Scout parade and managed to duck into a book store before the clouds unleashed. I guess you are set on fire wood? :-)

Cindy said...

Wow, so sorry to hear the impact of the storm on your neighbor's yard. FOUR hours sawing?? Yes, I'd say you're ready for vacation!